This techbeon will teach you how to download various types of Scribd content for offline reading. If you have standard Scribd membership for free, you can download various community-uploaded documents, including newspaper articles, templates, and scientific articles, using your computer’s web browser. If you pay for membership in Scribd Premium, you can also use the Scribd mobile app to download thousands of book titles for offline reading.
Method 1 Downloading Documents on a Computer
1. Log in to scribed.com in your computer’s browser.
If the publisher has decided to make your document available for download, you can save it on your computer for offline viewing on the Scribd website. Downloading documents using the Scribd mobile app is not possible.
• If you are not logged in, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the page to sign in.
• Although many documents can be downloaded free of charge for all Scribd users, some documents are only available for download if you are a Premium subscriber.
2. Find the document to download.
Here are two ways to find documents:
• To view the community document library, which consists of documents filed with the court, scientific documents, and business templates, click the Documents link in the menu on the left side of the page.
• To find something specific, enter the author, or keyword in the “Search” line at the top of the screen, click the magnifying glass to search, and then click “Documents” at the top of the page to refine the results.
3. Click on the name of the document or image.
Scroll through the documents until you find the one you want to download, then click on it to view the details.
• If there are several pages of search results, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Next” to go to the next page.
4. Click the green Download Now button.
If the document is available for download, you will find this button in the upper left corner of the document preview screen. If the document is not available for download, this button will not appear.
5. Select a file type.
Depending on the type of document, you will have several options at the top of the window, such as PDF or TXT.
• If you are trying to download a document that is available only to Premium subscribers, you will see instead a subscription option for a Premium account.
• Make sure you select a format that you can truly open on your computer. For example, if you are downloading an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx format), you will need Microsoft Excel or Excel viewer to open the file.
6. Click the Download button.
The button also displays the type of file that you have selected (for example, Download PDF), and it is located in the upper left corner of the window. This will download the file to your computer.
• Depending on your settings, you may need to select a download location and click “Save” to start the download.
• If you do not specify a download location, the document will be saved to the default folder, which is usually called the “Downloads” folder.
Method 2. Downloading Books on a Phone or Tablet
1. Open Scribd on your phone or tablet.
If you have a Premium subscription to Scribd, you can use the mobile app to download an unlimited number of books to read offline. Click on the Scribd app, which resembles the green letter “S” on a white background.
• If you are not logged in, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the screen to sign in.
• You cannot download offline books to your computer.
2. Search for a book to download.
There are many ways to find the book you are looking for:
• Explore suggested titles and categories by tapping Books at the top of the screen.
• Click Top Charts below to check what is popular.
• Click “Search” in the bottom center to search by title, author or keyword.
• Tap Saved to access your saved books.
3. Click on the book.
Information about the book is displayed here, including its length, rating, and description.
• If you are interested in a book, click “Save” under the “Preview” button to add it to the list of saved ones. You can also add it to one of your lists by clicking “Add to List”, the option to the right of “Save”.
4. Click Download
This is the arrow icon pointing down to the horizontal line and you will find it under the Preview button.
5. Access downloaded books offline.
Once your book completes the download, you can open it for reading, both online and offline. Here’s how:
• Tap Saved in the row of icons at the bottom of the screen. This is an icon that looks like a bookmark or ribbon.
• Slide the “Downloaded” switch in the upper right to the “on” position (green).
• Click on a book to start reading.
Be the first to comment on "How do I download books from Scribd to my computer?"