Taking the make or buy call never fails to give us sleepless nights with both the options coming with hefty advantages over the other. But at the end of the day, nothing can match up to the sheer happiness of showcasing a freshly self-painted sofa, which your guest simply cannot stop praising. Be it house maintenance, home decorating, landscaping or car repairs, DIY tricks can be your ideal option if you wish to benefit out of major cost savings.
A well-stocked toolbox serves as the pre-requisite of proceeding in the DIY path. But the last thing you would want to do is purchase every single tool from the hardware store whether or not you get any chance of using the same. It makes much more sense to spend your tool budget on a few good tools which you will use down the line than the ones which will just gather dust over time. Today we shall take you through some of the best tools which can cater to your DIY projects like an absolute pro.
• Tape Measure – Accurate measurement becomes mandatory in DIY jobs and a good tape measure can help you with the same whether you wish to check the size of a pipe, find the area of the wall you desire to paint or hang a picture correctly.
• Flashlight –Having good ambient lighting can be of great help in proceeding with DIY jobs especially if you are working in a dark crevasse or dimly lit basement. It might also prove to be helpful if you wish to find your way around if the power goes out.
• Drill – An electric drill brings under its radar the superb functionality of a power driver and a drill so that you can make holes of all sizes whether it is for starting screws or running wires through the back of a TV cabinet.
• Level – If you are trying to construct a bookcase, then you need to ensure that the shelves are at equal level for preventing the books from sliding off. Using a level can serve as one of the easiest means of checking the same. This small and flat tool consists of a clear vial of liquid which is built into the center. It comes partially filled leaving an air bubble at the top. You can be sure about the levelling of the surface if the bubble ends up centred in between two lines which are marked on the glass. Some of the levels even comprise of a vertical vial which can be used for seeing whether the vertical lines are accurate. You can use your level in proceeding with carpentry projects as well as hanging pictures, laying a patio and installing cabinets.
• Stud Finder –While hanging heavy objects such as cabinets, you need to ensure that they stay put. Hanging them on a piece of drywall with nothing behind will cause them to pull right out by taking the wall along with them. You can mount them securely by fastening them into the wall studs. The simplest of stud finders come with a built-in magnet which aids in locating metal screws for securing it to the drywall.
• Miter Saw –You can now make accurate miters and crosscuts coupled with a miter saw. This stable and powerful tool can be easily placed on a workbench without having to worry about the same shifting when you try to make a cut or set wood on the same. You can read this article to gain further insights on the topic.
Any tool which is beyond basic usage won’t be of much help if you are not planning on using it regularly. For example, it is much more desirable to rent a wet saw rather than purchasing the same if you need to tile a bathroom. Finally, you also need to build up adequate skills by learning about using these tools for unleashing its fullest potential.