Today, people find it easier than ever to move on to a different company if they see just a single thing that they don’t like about a brand. This is because it is so easy to simply go elsewhere, particularly with the advent of the internet and social media. Today’s customers love to research products or services, and they love pointing out its pros and cons to anybody as well.
Social media today is no longer customer-centric, it is customer-driven. Companies must find a way to customize their marketing and advertising strategies in such a way that they are suitable to each individual customer they work with. Doing this properly provides huge returns. Unfortunately, making even a small mistake, and everything can backfire. This is why it is so important to be aware of the various social media trends, such as those highlighted by experts like Matt Knouff. Let’s take a look at some of those trends.
Important Social Media Trends
- Things that look good sell better. This is what big brands also focus on. They no longer swamp a customer with information, they focus on humanity. And that is precisely what social media can do. It is about showing how something works and how it can benefit.
- It is important to be active everywhere. Your competition is everywhere now, not just on the same shopping street as you. They are on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Google+, and more. Only if you are there yourself will you be able to keep up.
- You must be ethical and have a conscience. In fact, this is what Matthew F Knouff has focused on in particular. People look for brands that show they care about them. You must make sure that your social media page shows that you care about morale and ethics, with a particular focus on social and environmental policies. You also have to be fully transparent, thereby building trust.
- You should run regular social media campaigns that highlight ongoing activities and upcoming events. If, for instance, a huge event is taking place and you have a link to that industry (for instance if you sell fireworks and the 4th of July is coming up), then you need to capitalize on that. But remember, again, that you must be ethical in this. You also have to make sure that you don’t start spamming.
- You should always remember mobile mania. Today, everybody uses mobile devices to access social media, but also to research companies. You have to be a part of that. Develop apps, make sure your website is mobile optimized, have a presence on the popular mobile social media sites. You must make sure that your customers can find you while on the go, which also requires a local optimization services.
According to Matt Knouff, those are the five key elements of using social media to your advantage, in an ethical and moral way. Only those companies that embrace these five issues will be able to remain competitive.