Android is an open source mobile platform with the most number of users. It is widely used around the world and is perhaps more popular than any other mobile platform. Factory Reset Protection is a feature that comes preinstalled on most Android devices. It is to ensure the security of users and avoid protrudes from barging into your data or get access to your device.
What is Factory Reset Protection?
Factory Reset Protection or FRP is a feature to secure your data from others. Suppose, you lose your device somewhere or it gets stolen. In a normal case, the person who has the device will be able to access your device after performing a factory reset. But if Factory Reset Protection is enabled, then they will need to enter your Google Account details in order to get access to your device.
The feature is quite helpful in the above scenario but what if you perform a Factory Reset and don’t remember your own details? It might cause a big trouble for you if you need to use your phone in an emergency. Well, in this case, you can use FRP Bypass tools to help you bypass Factory Reset Protection. Tools such as FRP Bypass APK allow you to bypass Factory Reset Protection and help you get access to your device once again.
Without these tools, you won’t be able to bypass the factory reset protection. There are a few methods that don’t require tools generally but they don’t work on all devices.
Things to consider before performing a Factory Reset
To be on the safer side and not lose all your data, there are certain things that you need to do before performing a factory reset. We have listed a few of the things below to avoid the risk of data loss after a factory reset.
- Backup all your data with a tool. Once you perform a factory reset, all your data will be lost if you don’t create a backup. Make sure you backup all the important files, contacts and messages before performing a factory reset.
2. To backup messages, open your default message app, tap on MENU and choose Back up SMS, then save all the text messages.
3. Also, backup all your contacts with a suitable app. You will lose all your contacts if you don’t create a backup beforehand.
- If you have saved any passwords or usernames in your device then make sure you have noted down them somewhere. All of these things will be lost after you perform a factory reset.
5. Make sure you remember your Google account log-in details. In most Android devices, you need to enter your Google Account details in order to get access to your device. We also mentioned this before.
If you follow all the above guidelines, you won’t face any issue after performing a factory reset. Factory Reset Protection is without a doubt a great security feature. It keeps your data secure even when you don’t have access to your device.