Snapchat is usually not associated with marketing, but this message app is great for business strategy, especially if you aim to build big customer base in more personal way. Unlike Facebook or Twitter, Snapchat is a more personal way to interact with people. You can use it as a tool to create a more private community that consists of people who show higher interest to what you have to say. This way, the community becomes your most loyal customer base, and they can get the fastest update from you (providing that you also offer good content and products).
If handled properly, Snapchat is a great tool to keep the loyalty of your customer base. The “exclusive” feeling from joining Snapchat community is also a great selling point, such as in the cases of DJ Khaled’s and Taco Bell’s successful Snapchat marketing. The question is: how to actually create loyalty and strong customer base with Snapchat?
Options of Business Strategy with Snapchat
Building a strong customer base with high loyalty toward you is more difficult with Snapchat, so you better have more public social media accounts first, such as Facebook and Twitter. Afterward, you can start implementing Snapchat promotion for business strategy, such as:
- Add Snapcode on your other social media accounts. You can be creative in adding the Snapcode, such as putting it as image post with funny text, or even putting it as temporary profile picture, like Taco Bell did.
- Add people from your phone contact list to Snapchat list. If you already have people’s phone numbers, it means you have had close contact with them. This means you have better chance to get Snapchat friends; those who are likely to accept your Snapchat invitation.
- Share the best Snaps on your other social media accounts. If you already have strong online presence, you can use Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to give glimpses of what people can get if they join your Snapchat community. If possible, posts something that people will not find on your Facebook or Twitter. This will entice them to add your Snapcode and interact with you.
- Interact with other influential Snapchat owners. Networking is an important business strategy, and you can do it with Snapchat. Find other Snapchat owners with huge follower base, especially those who have the same interests with you, and start a talk to maybe promote each other’s Snapcode and Snapchat account.
- Share exclusive contents on Snapchat. You can entice people to join your Snapchat community by enticing them with original, creative and exclusive contents you will never share on other social media accounts or website. Showing snippets or teasers on other social media accounts about this exclusive content will tempt more people to join your Snapchat community.
Snapchat is a great social media account if you aim for stronger, more loyal customer base. Once you get huge followers and form strong online presence, you can maintain this community as your main customer group, creating a walled community that offers exclusivity and more personal look into your brand. Using Snapchat is a great business strategy to create and maintain loyal customer base for your business.