Can You Claim for Personal Injury Compensation?

Many people in New South Wales may not be aware of their rights when it comes to suffering a personal injury and being able to claim a compensation payout. An accident can occur anywhere at any time to each and any one of us. That being the case, you’ll want to be aware of what options are open to you should you suffer a mishap where you sustain an injury.

In this post we’ll take a look at just a few scenarios where you might be eligible for compensation.

Before You Make a Claim

If you’re in Sydney and you’re unsure whether you can claim against an injury, it’s best to seek some professional assistance from experienced NSW compensation lawyers.

Make sure you choose a firm that specialises in compensation claims, as not all law firms do. This is the best course of action, as a legal team that really understands compensation law will be able to assess your case and, if they decide to take it on, will get you the very best compensation payout.

Without proper legal representation, you’ll be facing up to the insurance giants all on your own, and they may try to come up with reasons to avoid accepting your claim. Having a great lawyer on your side will give you peace of mind, as well as a far greater chance of a successful outcome.

Let’s now take a look at some scenarios where you could claim compensation.

You’ve Suffered An Injury While At Work

Most of us are aware that we can claim worker’s compensation. In some instances this also covers us on our travels to and from work.

If you’ve been injured during the course of doing your job, this is definitely a scenario where you can make a claim for a compensation payout.

Chances are you’ll need to take time off from work while you recuperate, and this could mean a loss of income. If the injury is more serious and requires regular medical attention and rehabilitation, you’ll be facing some serious medical bills as well.

If you suffer an injury that causes permanent damage, then making a claim for a sizeable compensation payout is definitely within your rights.

Once again, to really know what you can claim for and how much, it’s best to seek a consultation with a personal injury compensation specialist.

We spend so much time at work that work place related injuries are one of the most common in Australia, and also one of the most common insurance claims.

Medical Malpractice Or Negligence

We’ve all likely seen a few horror stories on TV about weird things happening to people during or after surgery. One thing that seems to occur is having foreign material left inside your body after an incision has been closed up.

There have been cases of medical sponges and instruments being left inside the bodies of patients after an operation, and you don’t have to be a trained physician to know that that’s going to cause serious problems post-op.

Another complication could be a post-op infection. Perhaps proper hygiene protocol wasn’t followed during the course of the operation.

These are just two examples of things that can happen.

If you find yourself in a situation like this, don’t just let it go. Seek professional help from a lawyer so you know where you stand and what your options are.

Partly you want to do this so you can seek compensation for malpractice, but also to help prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.

Medical professionals have a duty of care to abide by, and you’re well within your rights to seek compensation for any negligence on their behalf.

You Sustain An Injury In a Public Place

If you’ve been injured while visiting a store, shopping mall, walking along your local footpath or in some other public place, you’ll want to check with your personal injury lawyer to see if you’re eligible to make a claim.

Most locations are covered by public liability insurance, so there’s a good chance you’ll have a case that the insurance company must take notice of.

Take the guess work out of the situation and talk with an expert so you know exactly where you stand.

Be the first to comment on "Can You Claim for Personal Injury Compensation?"

Leave a comment