At first, it may seem absurd that why would anyone visiting Los Angeles instead of looking for a fun date, would want to spend their time at horse races. So, set aside your preconceptions about what happens at horse races, as you will be surprised to know how much fun it can be.
However, Santa Anita Race Track has suffered a series of tragic accidents in the early 2019 which even forced it to close for a temporary period. Still, it is considered as one of the great racing tracks.
So before you start looking for Santa Anita tips and book your tickets for the amazing races. Here are a few things that you should know before visiting this race track.
Races at Santa Anita Race Track
The premier race of the year at Santa Anita racetrack is-the Santa Anita Derby that has produced about 15 Kentucky Derby winners. This place sometimes even hosts the Breeders’ Cup World Championships which is after the Kentucky Derby is the most-attended race of the year.
The routine for every race at Santa Anita goes like this, and all you’ve to do is follow the crowd & the horses to see it all unfold:
· Horses running in the upcoming race arrive in the paddock area, which is outside the track about 20 minutes before the race starts. This makes it an excellent time to see the close up of the horses.
· Bugler players- the ones who wear beautiful red-and-gold uniforms will play “Call to the Post.”
· The jockeys riding the horses will enter the track through a tunnel that goes beneath the grandstands.
· A non-racing horse will be accompanying each racing horse as they make their way to the starting gate. This is done just to keep the horses calm.
· Once they’re all set, the race is ON. The excitement and the noise level build as the horses round the end of the racetrack and come into view. Amidst all the shouting, cheering, and general racket, the horses cross the finish line.
· Hang around after they reach the finish line to watch the horses leaving the racetrack, and surely you’ll appreciate how muscular they are.
Other Events at Santa Anita Race Track
Apart from the horse races, Santa Anita also hosts a season-long schedule of fun events which include a Photographers Day, Food Truck Festival, annual 5K run and the hot rod car show.
This racetrack was also home to Seabiscuit-the 1938 Horse of the Year. During the summer & winter season, visitors can see his stall, barn, and other scenes from the 2003 movie, as well as the equine star of the film, who’s Fighting Furrari on a free tram tour.
Santa Anita Betting Tips
Santa Anita is a fun place to be even if you don’t wager at all. If you want to bet but you’re not sure how to do it or which horse should you choose? You can spend hours figuring that out, but as the insiders say that even the pros get it right only or less than half the time. So, if you’re visiting Santa Anita racetrack just for fun, pick a name that you like and cheer for the horse madly. And if it is your lucky day, it’ll all end with an exciting photo finish and of course money in your pocket!
Are you looking for Santa Anita tips?
Be the first to comment on "Santa Anita Race Track – Get To Know the Great Race Place"