If you decided to move on from your current position it is important to submit a letter of resignation to the employer. Of course, your resignation letter will be in the right format that will ease the transition over the next two to three weeks at the job, at the same time it is really essential for maintaining a positive relationship with your employer even after resignation, here the simple step provided for writing resignation letter in the proper format.
Tips To Write A Proper Resignation Letter
When it comes to writing a resignation letter you need to focus on some important points
- First of all, the letter should be positive. If you decided to move on your current job here’s no point in criticizing your job or your employer.
- Most importantly, your letter of resignation should contain proper information on when you are leaving. At the same time, you can let the employer know and understand you appreciate your time with the respective company.
- If you are not sure what to write you just review resignation letter samples it allows you to get ideas to structure the resignation letter.
Writing And Formatting Your Resignation Letter:
Length of the letter: you should keep your letter of resignation concise; at the same time no need to write pages about your new job. At the same time do not write why you dislike your current position. The letter should not be more than one typed page.
Format: Of course, your resignation letter must be single-spaced even you need to leave proper space between each paragraph. You must use about 1″ margins as well as properly align your text to the left. It is the preferred alignment for business documents.
Font and Size: You must use any traditional font to write a letter like Arial or Calibri or Times New Roman. At the same time, the font size should be between 10 to 12 points.
Accuracy Of The Letter: Before mailing your resignation letter to your employer, be sure to edit it at the same time you must show your resignation letter to any experienced career counsellor to spot out mistakes also ask your friend to review it to avoid.
Email or Mail: Overall, it is best to resign in person after that follow up by sending a letter of your resignation.
Now you can use resignation letter format or generator to write letter with ease. With different resignation letter format you can easily choose the right one based on your individual situations.
Things To Avoid While Writing Resignation:
- If you disliked the current position of the job, you no need to mention it in your letter. After all, you may need to ask the employer for a recommendation so you do not want to make enemies.
- If you have any idea of making some sort of legal claim against the employer for any misbehaviour or wrongful treatment you must leave out this section.
Whatever the circumstances of your departure the above-mentioned tips can help you craft an appropriate resignation letter. When writing your own resignation letter you must consider these points that should be sure to tailor the resignation letter based on your individual circumstances.