Nowadays, there are some of famous social media that are used by many internet users from all over the world such as the Facebook and Twitter. We cannot deny that the social media is giving many advantages for the users. However, do you know that there are some social media that are left by the users and decided to get insolvent? Below are the lists of those media.
1. ConnectU. This social media site is created by the friend of Mark Zuckeberg the Facebook founder and they are from the same university. At the beginning, this site is called the HarvardConnect. However then it is going to the public and the fact is that this social media is cannot survive because of the Facebook. Mark is launched Facebook in almost the same time with the ConnectU. Because of this, these two people are usually gone to the law department. The ConnectU is really not active while Facebook is becoming one of the most popular social media nowadays.
2. The Hub. The Hub is a site that is made by the big retail company and the famous store that is the branch of “Walmart”. This site is launched on 2006 and it is aimed for the college student and the young people. This site is possibly the users to share the pictures and texting. However, this site is now insolvent because of the fake actor account and the PR member that is promoted their product and it is not liked by the users.
3. Eons. This site is made by Jeff Taylor that is also the founder of the monster.com. This site is targeted for the users with more than 40 years old in age, but then they opened the account for all the people above 13 years old. This site is popular among the investor because it is already reached $32.000.000. However, the constant change that happened on the owner made the decreasing number of this site’s users. Then on 2012 this site was closed.
4. Friendster. This site appeared on 2002 and it becomes the pioneer for the social media site. The popularity of Friendster is increasing extremely well. Friendster is reported the highest numbers of the visitors monthly with the highest number login in all over the Asia as well. This social media site is not functioned as the social media site again and it is changed to the game site because it already lost the popularity.
5. hi5. This site is appeared on 2004 and it is made by Ramu Yalamanchi. Hi5 is a social media site with the normal feature. This site has all the basic features like the photo sharing, upload, notification, message and games. This site is ever had the top popularity on that period. However, the popularity of this site is then fading time by time because it is only focused on the gaming and entertainment. It made the users is getting bored. That is why; nowadays, many people are not well known with this site.