Are you tired of heavy gas propelled mowers? Or you don’t want to manage the connecting cable anymore. In such situations, you should try a cordless mower. Before that, it’s not a bad idea to know whether it deserves your attention or not.
With proper care and maintenance, a cordless mower can last up to 6 years. Most of them come with a Lithium-ion battery, so you can compare their power with electric mowers. Moreover, you can recharge one of these models within a few minutes. Yes, you might need to change its battery depending upon the manufacturer’s instructions. Apart from the battery, none of its other parts seeks a regular replacement. In case of any fault, you can get all the internal parts easily. For Garden services Birmingham, you can visit and get the quality gardening services.
How Good Are Cordless Lawnmowers?
Cordless mowers are easy to use, need minimal maintenance, and works without making much noise. One of the major advantages of a battery dependent mower is its lightweight nature. Plus, it gives you the freedom to mow anywhere without any power cable. Some of the other benefits are mentioned below:
- Minimal maintenance: You don’t have to change the spark plug or air filter. No need to refuel its tank as well.
- Money saver: As you will not invest in fuel, servicing, or replacement parts, it’s easy to understand that a cordless mower is inexpensive to use. The initial cost is also lower than a gas propelled variant.
- Eco-friendly: Cordless mowers are environmentally friendly because there are no carbon emissions or high sound levels. There is no gas or oil leak as well because such a machine uses a battery to operate. Due to less noise, you will never disturb any of your family members or neighbors as well.
- Freedom to move: A battery-operated mower can be used virtually anywhere because there are no strings attached. You can move freely without worrying about any connecting cables.
- Lightweight: None of the cordless mowers comes with a huge engine, nor they have huge internal components. It’s the primary reason why these machines are lightweight. Moreover, cordless models are also available with self-propulsion. So, they are easy to use for senior gardeners or users who don’t want to push a heavy machine.
After knowing the benefits, it’s time to know some of the inconveniences as well.
- A cordless mower might not offer a runtime to cover large lawns. You might need to spend on a spare battery.
- These machines cannot handle thick grasses.
Best mower manufacturers
In this section, we will discuss some of the best places where you can get a lawnmower. You can visit their physical outlet if it’s near your residence. You can also browse for these manufacturers on Amazon or any other online store.
Green Power: If you need high quality and powerful electronic gardening tools, then you should visit a physical outlet of Green Power. Popular for its machines and services, the brand is active in more than 50 countries.
Ego: Established in 1993, Ego sells over 10 million products each year in 65 countries across the globe. Ego is one of the largest cordless mower manufacturers and hence you can depend upon their products to maintain your lawn. Check the brand’s mowers and you will understand why every garden owner calls them smart as well as powerful.
Greenworks: The brand has cordless mower varying between 18 to 24 volts. If you want to get rid of the cords and fossil fuels, then it’s a suitable brand to browse. Most of their products come with a high quality built and are powerful as well as efficient.
Black & Decker: Reputable for producing innovative mowers at affordable price tags, Black & Decker has a wide range of cordless models. If you want to keep your lawn in the best shape throughout the year, then a Black & Decker cordless mower might be a solid investment.
Get a cordless mower if your lawn is not too big and you are ready for timely replacement of its battery. Keep in mind that a battery-operated model needs frequent recharging as well. The maximum runtime that you can expect is up to 90 minutes depending upon the lawn conditions. You can also invest in a spare battery for virtually unlimited backup.