Planning to paint your house? You need proper planning and proper information about the type of paint that you will be selecting for your house. Without any doubt, painting is one of the best ways to enhance the curb appeal of your property and give your property an attractive look at the same time. There are different types of paints that people choose according to their choice. Due to the advancement in technology, you will get paint for every type of surface. You get a wide range of options to pick the best color to give an elegant look to your property.
In the following blog, we will be discussing some types of paints that can be the best pick for your house. Still confused to make the choice? You can get in touch with Cape Cod painting company to get the right guidance about the best type of paint for your house. The skilled crew will be using the right techniques and equipment for painting. We will be giving you some of the important details about the paint but the final decision will be yours:
1-Flat or Matt Paint
If you are looking to get a flat smooth finish after painting the walls of your house, then flat or matt paint is the right option for you to choose. The features of this paint are as follows:
- This paint will provide you with a glare-free and soft finish.
- This paint will help you in hiding the uneven surfaces of the walls because it absorbs the light and will make the area less noticeable.
- This paint will work for the areas like ceilings and walls that receive low-traffic.
- Flat finishes are not durable and they need to be cleaned carefully.
- If you are scrubbing the flat paint, then this will result in affecting the finish and will make sheen to appear in patchy spots. Planning to paint this color on your property? You should contact experienced companies to know about the interior paint cost.
2-Water Based Paint
Water-based acrylic paint is having more advantage as compared to oil or enamel-based paints. Some of the important characteristics of water-based paint are listed below:
- During painting, the splashes and drips can be removed with a simple wipe using a damp cloth.
- When you are done with the painting job, the paintbrush can be cleaned up with water.
- The acrylic paints are better than the enamel paint because they don’t emit any vapor or fumes.
- These paints dry faster and have a low cost.
- This paint does not crack or fade away in the sunlight.
- This paint does not allow mildew growth. You can use this paint on any surface without any pre-treatment.
- If you are planning to do the painting as a DIY work, then you should be using acrylic paints.
Next, on the list, we have semi-gloss paints. The characteristics of this paint are listed below:
- They are less easy to be applied as compared to flat and low-sheen products.
- One of the great advantages of this paint is that it gives you a surface that can be washed easily. The more shine or gloss the paint is it will be easy to clean.
- This paint type is best to be used for doors, trims, windowsills, bathroom, and kitchen.
- The areas like the bathroom and kitchen need this paint due to the resistance for moisture and ease of washability.
- This paint will hold better in humidity.
- One of the disadvantages of the semi-gloss paint is that in presence of high amount of sunlight it will provide an uncomfortable glare making the environment abrasive instead of inviting.
Satin is a sensible choice that you can have for your house. The characteristics of the paint are listed below:
- The low-sheen (satin finish) is the combination of flat paint with the wash ability of semi-gloss.
- This paint can be cleaned easily and provide resistance against the moisture.
- This paint will be the right choice to paint those areas that receive high traffic and need regular cleaning.
- It is long lasting and durable paint.
- It will highlight the imperfection if any and it is not easy to be applied.
As the name indicate that high-gloss paints are highly reflective. The features of this paint are as follows:
- Due to high-gloss property, they will highlight the flaws and cracks in the surface instantly.
- This paint gives a bold and brighter look. The high sheen paint reflects the light like a mirror that makes the color more bright and vivid.
- If you are planning to use this paint for your house, then you should be very careful about the surface preparation that needs to be made prior the painting.
- You also need to take great care during the application of the paint so that you get an even surface without any flaw.
- This paint is having resistance against the moisture and grease.
- You can clean this paint easily. To use this paint for your property, you can get house painting services from the expert company to get the trained painters for satisfactory results.
6-Special Effects Paint
You can get your hands-on various specialized paints in the market that are designed for a particular job. The features of this paint are listed below:
- This paint is having a textured coating that is used to cover up the uneven surfaces on your wall and ceiling.
- You must remember one thing that the removal of this paint is not an easy job.
- You can use this to paint your tiles, floor, melamine to revitalize the look of your unit.
Hope now you are having a proper understanding of the different types of paints that you can select for your house and install ip camera. Furthermore, if you are interested to get interior or exterior house painters, then you should contact a professional company to give a new look to your house. The skilled team will guide and paint your property according to the latest trends. They will pick the best color that will go well with the overall look of your property.
Be the first to comment on "A Guide to Select the Right Paint for Your House"