From parties to any kind of celebrations, the choice of an appropriate cake is necessary to enhance the grandeur of the celebration. However, the preferences of the cake vary from person to person and their tastes. The concoctions of flavors and the beautiful look of the cake always steal the show. Though the very simple and yet gorgeous looking with delicious taste cake wins everybody’s heart, it also has a huge history of its origin. But it is almost hard to deny the fact that red velvet cake has always been the most favorite of cakes among the people.
Velvet cake is likely to be originated in the Victorian era. As in that era, there is a fashion of serving fancy dessert, to which velvet cake is one among those. Though much is not known about the term “velvet”, it was thought that the term was kind of a description used to let consumers know the dessert was velvety crumb cake and soft in nature. Some believe that red velvet cake came about the time when the devil’s food cake was introduced.
Variations in Red Velvet Cake:
There are different types of variations in the red velvet cake. Some are gluten free and some can be vegan red velvet cake but most of them are non-veg red velvet cakes that are widely used. But irrespective of their types, Red Velvet Cakes are always special and add charms to the party. They make children happy and joyful.
Availability of the Red Velvet Cake:
There are various kinds of Red Velvet Cake available from several confectioners and cake shops in both online and offline mode. However, with the progression of time, ordering of red velvet cake online and that too with our special preferences and choices are being facilitated widely.
Reasons to love the gluten-free vegan Red Velvet Cake:
- The cakes are extremely moist and fluffy
- The food color is extracted from natural sources
- There is a balance of sweet, salty, sour and chocolate flavors in the taste
- The taste of the cake is of tangy cream cheese frosting
- A whole quality of refined sugar is used.
- The cake is very easy to make
Recipe to make naturally colored Red Velvet Cake:
- Beetroot powder should be used instead of any chemical food coloring.
- All the ingredients should be taken in a glass mixing bowl in order to properly mix it.
- Then the batter should be transferred between two 18 cm/7 inch sandwich baking tins.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To cool the sponge place it on a cooling rack until completely cooled before applying the frosting.
Recipe to make vegan cream cheese frosting:
- After placing vanilla, maple syrup, lemon juice and coconut cream in a bowl, use an electric whisk to whip up until fluffy.
- Apply to frost using a palette knife in between and on top of the layers of sponge.
This cake can be best enjoyed as fresh but it can also be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Substitution of the recipe:
Though any type of oil can be used to make this cake in case the vegetable oil is not available, one can use any type of plant-based milk product and a liquid sweetener like brown rice syrup and agave syrup. The lemon juice can be substituted by vinegar and the ground almonds can be substituted by ground walnuts and vice versa. If one is not making a gluten-free cake then they can use eggs and plain flour instead of the gluten-free flour.
The recipe can be changed tad bit but still, it will taste as delicious and it will look beautiful.