The pleasant aroma of hot filter coffee and buttery masala dosas fills up the air of Bangalore. The city offers a variety of street food that leaves you wanting for more.
Reaching these places cramped in corners of the city is a challenge in itself. And if you want to cover the culinary journey in a day, it would be best to hire self drive cars to reduce your dependency on public transport. Self drive car rentals Bangalore offers one the freedom to choose from wide range of vehicles for your long or short trips pan India. One can book these services online and navigate by connecting one’s smartphone.
Here are some of the places to have best street food on your trip to Bangalore
- V V Puram– The place comes to life at night. From hot dosas to crispy kodbele, from pav bhaji to sweet corn served in many ways, hot holige, akki roti and creamy masala milk, dabeli, capsicum bhajji and vada pav, you will want to eat everything available on this tiny stretch of road. The butter-banana-gulkand and masala colddrink available in tiny shop at corner of the street are must try. Congress bun at V V Bakery will surely make it a on anyone’s favourite food list.
- Brahmins Coffee Bar, Basavangudi – Steaming hot idlis with crispy vadas or ghee dripping kesaribath and a traditional cup of filter coffee are what this tiny place is famous for. Be prepared to stand in long queue to enjoy a cup of coffee here.
- CTR – Malleshwaram –Served for over 6 decades, Utterly Butterly Delicious Masala dosas, club it with a cup of filter coffee, one would truly enjoy the flavours of Bangalore.
- Hari Super Sandwich, Jayanagar – Chocolate sandwiches and more, the menu comprises of variety of sandwiches, healthy chats and juices at economic prices. What more can anyone ask for?
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi bazaar – famous for masala dosas served with chutney. The place is bustling all day long with food lovers.
- Karnataka Bhel House, Basvangudi – Try their famous masala puri or authentic dahi puri. The place is known for local flavours chats that are different from their north Indian versions.
- Rakesh Kumar Pani Puri Stall, jayanagar – Litchi paani puri and guava pani puri, you will find variety of paani to fill your puri with.
- Shivaji Nagar and Johnson Market – These places are meat lovers delight, check out kheema samosas, Grilled chicken, sheekh kebabs, sulaimani chai, biryanis or phirni and you would always come back for more.
- Dadar Vada Pav, Indiranagar – As the name suggests, place is famous for wide range of vadapav.
The city has more to offer, all one needs to do is explore and eat to one’s heart’s content. BURP!