Gynecomastia or male boobs is one of the most common conditions in men and there are millions of people across the globe suffering from this problem. Just as women do, all male have breast tissues as well, and the growth of these tissues mainly depends on the hormones present in our bodies.
Male and female both produce estrogen and testosterone, and the breast tissue usually responds to the higher level of estrogen production in males. Normally, in males, the levels of testosterone are more compared to the estrogen and so the breast does not grow. However, when estrogen is more, the effects are visible.
What is the solution?
Gynecomastia surgery: A solution to remove male boobs
Gynecomastia surgery is really common across the globe and it helps to remove the male boobs and turn it into the chest. Well, the common misconception of good diet and exercise regime does not really help a person suffering from gynecomastia.
In most cases, gynecomastia may not need any treatment as it will disappear on its one, but there are situations when a surgery is a must.
Before a surgery takes place, there are also appropriate tests that help to get a clear picture of the overall condition that can be expected during and after the process.
Here are some of the important points that you need to keep in mind before and after a surgery:
Things to keep in mind before the surgery
Before the surgery, there are a lot of things that you need to do right. Well, the success of your surgery mainly depends upon the right steps that you take. These are some of the points that you need to keep in mind:
- Look for a clinic that has experience with handling gynecomastia surgery. Make sure that you spend enough time in considering whether or not the clinic that you choose has appropriate facilities for your treatment. As there is an increased competition across the globe, you will come across numerous clinics, but the important point is to choose wisely.
- You need to also spend time in considering whether or not the cost of surgery is okay for you. In some places, the surgery can be more expensive as there is also the additional cost during the recovery period that you will need to pay.
- Make plans for the surgery, and ensure that after surgery and recovery plans are also made in the initial stage. In that way, once the gynecomastia surgery is over you need not worry about going home and trying to work with things around. Ensure that you have enough groceries, someone to take you home, and also get some assistance during the initial few days of recovery.
- The surgery that you are doing needs to be handled by experienced professional. Never look at only the cost as a deciding factor because it may also reflect on your treatment. For example, the cheapest offerings may also provide cheapest results for the same. The reconstruction or reshaping of the chest is an art, and only the select few experienced surgeons have mastered it. So you need to make sure that you get treated from them.
Things to keep in mind after the gynecomastia surgery
- Once your gynecomastia surgery takes place, you need to make sure that you also take good care of yourself. Recovery time is one of the most important if you want to get the best results in how your chest will really look. Make sure that you have arranged all your affairs accordingly. The time and care that you give yourself after the surgery will ensure that you get the best results.
- You will need to wear support for a set period of time as advised by the surgeon. The supporter is what will help you get the set definition of a chest. At times, it may be tiring but make sure that you wear it for the prescribed time.
- During the recovery, if there are any side effects, pain, or anything unusual then it is best to talk to the surgeon and get it solved. Take any medicines prescribed for recovery and make sure that you do not strain yourself during this period.
Gynecomastia surgery is very common across the globe, but you need to also make sure that you take the right steps if you want to have a chance to get the best results.
Spend time to consider these aspects because this will ensure that you make the right decision. Take help of internet to identify clinics in your area that offer these services.
Regardless of how good surgeon or clinic you choose, a good planning and effective implementation of the recovery is what will help you get the best results.