While retractable screens have been around for some time now, not a lot of people know about them. These screens are a sophisticated piece of technology that not only add a modern look to your house but are also quite practical. No matter what kind of place you live at, whether it is an apartment, a condo or a suburban house: retractable screen will do wonders to your home. In this article you will find all the information you need to know about retractable screens and what they have to offer.
What are the features of a retractable screen?
- When it comes to the fitting of these screens, they are designed to fit any kind of window or door. But they are popularly used for patios and open terraces.
- They will be customized in whatever way you want them to be, whether you want a sliding screen or for it to swing out. The locking options are also customizable for instance the screen can be latched on to handles, or be enclosed with magnets.
- The retractable screens are highly durable. Even though, they are meant to be in the open air, they are designed with such materials that will withstand any kind of erosion that will make them last a long time. This makes them perfect to be used in houses that face the sea.
- They come in a huge variety of colors and materials to choose from, so that you can ensure they match the aesthetics of your house.
- Perhaps the most useful feature of the retractable screen is the fiberglass mesh that will prevent any kind of insects or rodents from coming in the house. This can be great for the summer time when you want some ventilation but also don’t want the pesky mosquitoes to come in as well. The mesh will also provide protection from the harsh radiation of the sun during those hot summer days.
What are the benefits of a retractable screen?
- The best thing about retractable screens is that they can go away whenever you don’t need them. With a simple push of a button, the screen will disappear as if it were never there.
- When it comes to the maintenance aspect of the retractable screens, they are very easy to clean and can be done with the normal cleaning supplies that you would use around the house.
- Since the mesh keeps away all kinds of insects and rodents that could potentially be harmful, you will be ensuring that your family stays healthy and safe. And most importantly, your house will still be ventilated and will not get stuffy when it gets too hot.
- During the winter time, you will notice a reduction in your energy bills as these screens account for a significant increase in the gaining of heat. This means that your house will nice and warm, while your heating and electricity bills will be low.