Trading on Amazon is prevalent among sellers. Popularity has increased significantly in 2021. Various eCommerce sites are reverberating while more sellers are showing interest in selling via these popular eCommerce platforms.
However, every seller doesn’t have the adequate funds to initiate the selling of their self-made brands. Neither is it possible in wholesale, not in private label.
But fortunately. Amazon offers a simple way-out, called “Amazon Merch.” Merch is an excellent alternative to sell your products on Amazon’s eCommerce platform. Moreover, it doesn’t ask for a considerable availing cost. Even big brands use Amazon Merch.
AMAZON MERCH’s FUNCTIONING TECHNIQUES
Amazon merch functions in a pretty straightforward manner. They would send you an invitation to join Merch. After that, you would have to upload your products and merchandise. Then, you would categorize them.
If Amazon approves your designs, you will create your listing. Once Amazon supports your plan, they make a listing for you. They would function as your representative. They would handle the shipping, printing, and customer care services of your products. And then you generate revenues.
AMAZON MERCH IS FOR ALL
Amazon Merch is easy to set up for any seller because it’s cost-efficient. Even if you are not a graphic designer or an artist or don’t have a huge no. of followers on Social media, you can create your account there.
It would be best to have some unique designs and ideas and a verified blog or account on social media to let people know about your methods.
WAY TO GET INVITATION FROM AMAZON MERCH
If you want to get invited, go to merch.amazon.com. Then click on the “Request invitation” option. There, you would get your application form. There you would have to fill out describing why you aspire to be a seller on Amazon Merch.
After that, you would enlist your name on a waiting list. You may have to wait a maximum of six months before starting your journey via Amazon Merch.
HOW CAN YOU USE AMAZON MERCH DASHBOARD
After completion of the previous steps, Amazon Merch would send you to its dashboard. There you can create your designs. You can also edit the existing methods. Besides, you can analyze your sales via your account status:
- The numbers of existing designs you have are Public Products.
- The total numbers of designs are Available Submissions.
- Your “seller level” is Tier that indicates the no. Designs you can create.
You can also readily “add products” by clicking on a large button.
METHOD TO CREATE A PRODUCT ON AMAZON MERCH
First, click on the “Add Products” button. Then click on the “edit details” or “upload artwork” button. You can also download sample templates from Amazon Merch. However, your products must follow Amazon Merch’s basic guidelines. Don’t violate copyrights and don’t create any objectionable content.
Confirm That Your Merchandise Is Design-ready
With your product, submit your product’s guidelines. The Design-ready qualifications of Amazon Merch include:
- RGB colors.
- Print dimensions of 300 dpi for artworks.
- The file size should be greater than 25MB.
Complete Submission Of Your Product And Go Live
Here your listing goes to eight different statuses:
- Draft: The state of your design before submission
- Under Review: After submission, a review process occurs to check if it’s following the content policy of Amazon Merch.
- Rejected: If your design gets refused during the review, its status is ‘Rejected.’
- Started Process: After approval, Amazon initiates the procedure of adding your design to Amazon’s library.
- Processing: After that, your product comes under ‘Processing’ as Amazon creates the listing.
- Pending Your Approval: Here, you can review a sample design.
- Live: In this step, you can initiate making sales.
- Removed: Amazon removes the designs that are not sold within the first 180 days or don’t Amazon’s Content policy.
DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN CREATING DESIGNS?
If you aren’t an expert in Graphic design or Photoshop, there are various resources such as Sites like Fiverr.com and 99Designs on the web to assist you. Jungle Scout Market can also help you to find designers. You can also use public domain images.
HOW MUCH REVENUE CAN YOU GENERATE BY SELLING PRODUCTS ON AMAZON MERCH?
Once your product is sold and sent to the buyer, you can earn revenue for sale. The amount of income you make is equal to the product’s price after deducting Amazon’s cost and applicable taxes.
Amazon’s costs include – production, customer service, materials, returns, products, exchanges, fulfillment, etc.
LIMITATIONS AND TIERS AT AMAZON MERCH
Amazon Merch sets a limitation to the number of products you design and sell. For freshers, a maximum of 10 submissions is allowed. Amazon increases your Tier by 10, 25, 100, 500, and pro with rising sales.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS VIA AMAZON MERCH
Here are a few tips for fruitfully utilizing the platform:
1. Give preference to the ongoing trends and styles.
2. Remove products that aren’t performing well.
3. Find niches to target your product.
4. Attract customers by creating unique and authentic content. You can create memes or exciting content which are related to your products.
5. Once you know your market and the types of products it likes, try to build a following for your brand.
6. Advertise your products. Amazon Mench offers a portal promotions section. It allows you to advertise your products on Facebook and Twitter. Besides, some Merch accounts are permitted to create advertisements for their products. However, these are comparatively new programs and in the trial phase.
You can also create a targeting campaign for Merch. This higher your product’s rank in the search results by sponsored product listing.