Gifting can be stressful if you aren’t aware of the likes and dislikes of the recipient. Moreover, if you plan to gift multiple people like your staff, vendors, and customers, arranging for bulk gifts can be tiresome.
Visa gift cards are convenient for this purpose. They ease your stress of figuring out what to give to whom. In case you are new to this option, the below guide shall help in having an understanding.
What Is A Visa Gift Card?
Visa gift cards are preloaded with a requisite amount of funds, which can be used for making purchases. The card is accepted worldwide in various physical and online shops. It enjoys broad applicability as the receiver can use it in twenty-five million stores that accept the card. The card is suitable for all age groups and all occasions, including birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and corporate gifting.
What Are The Different Types of Cards?
There are various types of gift cards available. You can pick the one that suits your budget and gifting preference.
- Customised Card – Gifting a customised card adds a personal touch. The card is preloaded with the requested amount of money and is typically printed with the recipient’s name. You may also opt to get the picture of the receiver printed. Getting a personalised card makes the receiver feel special and makes your gift unique.
- Non-customised Card – There are usually available with a preloaded sum of amount in various denominations. You may choose the one that meets your financial criteria. As the cards are pre-printed, there is no scope for customisation.
- E-card – An e-card gets delivered to the mailbox of the recipient, along with your message. It can be used by the recipient to make online purchases.
- Reloadable Card – You can also consider gifting a prepaid card that can be loaded with additional funds in the future.
What Are The Benefits?
- Buying a gift card is quick and convenient, unlike conventional gift-shopping, which could be time-consuming.
- The card is as good as cash and can be used to purchase something as per one’s choice. It makes the receiver happy to have access to a wide variety of options.
- In case of a card loss or theft, it can be disabled and replaced with much ease subject to certain charges.
- Every-time the card is swiped, you are remembered for gifting a thoughtful and useful thing.
A gift card typically can’t be loaded with additional funds in the future. However, a prepaid card can be used to overcome this limitation.
The issuance of the card is subject to charges. Hence, it is essential to understand the number of expenses incurred while presenting the card.
Visa gift cards are an innovative gifting option as they also offer flexibility in deciding the card type according to the monetary budget. Moreover, the receiver enjoys a hassle-free experience to shop for items of one’s choice, thereby making the gift special.