Selling your property can be very stressful. You need to ensure that the first impression your property makes on buyers is really positive. If your property looks really good, then you could have a line of buyers making an offer for it. Which is why property styling is so important today.
What is Property Styling?
Property styling is basically using a range of design as well as presentation techniques to increase the appeal of your home. You can style your property yourself, but remember, if you don’t know what you’re doing, it could do more harm than good.
Which is why people hire property stylists (also called home stagers) to beautify their homes when they are planning to sell.
The scope of property styling is dependent on the look you want to achieve. It could be simply making some cosmetic changes to your home – artwork and décor to add color and style to your home. It could also be a complete home makeover, including hiring new furniture, rearranging and decluttering your home.
With property markets so competitive and buyers so informed, it is necessary to make an extra effort to make your home saleable. By styling your property, you could actually end up getting a higher price for your home than you would trying to sell it as is.
The Benefits of Property Styling
There are many benefits to having your property styled.
- An Expert Touch: Getting a property stylist to do up your home can bring in that touch of expertise that will make your home look even more beautiful. These experts use the space in your home to create a space that is more appealing to buyers.
- Focusing on a Target Demographic:If you are looking for a specific demographic of buyers, a property stylist can help create a look in your home that will appeal to those buyers.
- Making a Home from an Empty House:An empty house doesn’t have the same appeal as a furnished home. Property stylists can turn an empty shell of a house into an attractive home, which attracts more buyers.
- First Impressions: Buyers often go by first impressions. If a house looks stunning inside and out, then they are more likely to want to take a look around and find out more about that house, and maybe even buy it.
- Beating the Competition: The property market is really competitive, and there are many houses that have similar designs that are also up for sale. By styling your property, you will make it stand out from the crowd.
- Attracting Online Buyers: In today’s world, the internet rules. Many potential buyers first look for properties online. A beautifully styled home will definitely get more hits than others.
- Boost the Sale Price of Your Property: A well-styled property will actually get a higher sale price than another similar one that is not so well-styled. In fact, according to one of the top real estate agents in Australia, LJ Hooker, your property price could go up by as much as 12.5% if it is well-styled.
When to Use Property Styling
Property styling was previously used only for luxury homes. However, today, there are many people who use property stylists. If you are looking at selling an empty house, or your home is cluttered or does not have great interiors, then you can look at using the services of a property stylist.
However, you need to remember that property styling doesn’t come cheap. A basic staging starts at $1,500 and a full styling go over $10,000! So, do the math before you invest in a property stylist.