Global Inc., Calpine Corp., Phillips 66, and more. The ample job opportunities mixed with salary potential and fair income taxes are allowing millennials to have more purchasing power in Houston.
How Is the Cost of Living Bringing Millennials to Houston?
Fair income taxes and lower everyday expenses are making it easier for millennials to not only live within their means but also have access to the urban lifestyle offered by Houston. This is an attractive lifestyle for the older end of millennials with children that are looking for homes in affordable suburbs with good schools. As Houston continues to grow so do the options for living inside or outside of the loop. Houston having a lower cost of living is bringing in more millennials while many other major cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago are losing more of their millennial population.
Where Are Millennials Living in Houston?
The lower cost of living allows for millennials to get more out of their salaries such as becoming homeowners. In Houston, where you live depends on your lifestyle requirements. Outside of the loop in Houston are various suburbs with master planned communities where you can buy new homes that are not far from the heart of the city that still have the amenities like Houston proper. You can find suburbs such as these offering new homes in Cypress, Texas that offer amenities including the following:
- A variety of green spaces with hiking and biking trails.
- Schools for children spanning from elementary school through high school.
- Beautiful parks for children to play.
- Community events that make it easy to meet a diverse array of people in the community.
- Shopping, restaurants, and entertainment that are conveniently nearby.
What Else Does Houston Offer for Millennials?
Adding to the overall value of Houston for millennials is the amount and variety of recreation options available. Houston has an array of craft breweries, museums, festivals, diverse food options, sports venues, and more. Here are 10 ways for millennials to enjoy Houston.
- Visit 11 Below Brewing or one of the many breweries throughout Houston.
- Check out any of the 19 museums in the Houston Museum District.
- Spend the day enjoying everything the Hermann Park Conservancy has to offer.
- Savor all 12-acres of Discovery Green.
- Cheer for the Houston Texans at NRG Stadium.
- Root for the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Stadium.
- Make new friends at any of the diverse festivals in Houston.
- Explore Buffalo Bayou’s 160-acre greenspace.
- Enjoy food such as Tex-Mex, BBQ, and kolaches.
- Play all day at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashtown.
Are You Ready to Move to Houston?
The Magnolia city makes it easy for millennials to flock to it with ample job opportunities with a lower cost of living, the ability to purchase a new home near great schools, and bringing the best of the suburbs to an urban environment. Discover more about what Houston has to offer not just for millennials but for residents of all ages.