The long-awaited summertime is finally here, and for those of us who are confident enough to flash a bit of flesh, its time to take off a few layers of clothing. But before you start flaunting your stuff, why not give your skin some tender loving care and give the boys and girls something to really stare at! Here are 4 skin care tips for summer time.
Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Most women have got stretch marks and all women hate them! So if you want to get rid of them before putting on that two-piece bathing suit, here are some tips:
• Aloe Vera: Not only is aloe Vera a natural healing agent, it also softens the skin. You will get the best results from pure plant extract aloe Vera. Simply scoop the gel out and apply it to the affected area after a shower.
• Virgin coconut oil: Coconut oil contains natural healing properties that quickly heals wounds on the skin. Apply it to your stretch marks daily and you will soon see results.
• Vitamin A: Also known as retinoid, it makes the skin appear more youthful and smoother. Vitamin A is often one of the main ingredients in skin care products. However, you can reap the full benefits by either taking vitamin A orally or using a topical extract directly on the skin.
Exfoliate Your Skin
Give yourself a jaw dropping glow by exfoliating your skin, it removes all the dead skin and unclogs your pores. There are several ways you can exfoliate; these include the following:
• A long-handled bristle brush: Do this on dry skin before taking a shower, if you don’t own one, you will find them in the cosmetics section in most grocery stores. Exfoliate your legs first brushing in a circular motion and move your way up the rest of your body using the same motion.
• An exfoliating glove: Again you can purchase this from the cosmetics section at most grocery stores. The glove is made of a natural sponge and you can use it to exfoliate your skin when in the shower. Simply wet it, add some soap and scrub your skin in the same way you would with a wash cloth.
• An exfoliation scrub: You can either make an exfoliation scrub yourself or buy one from the store. To make one yourself, combine sugar and honey in a pot and stir to combine. Scoop out a handful and rub it in circular motions over your body, rinse it off when you are done.
Keep Your Skin Hydrated
Summertime is great but it can also dry out your skin. Drinking plenty of water is the most effective method of skin hydration, you should aim to drink at least 2 liters or 8 tall glasses of water per day. You can top this off by using skin hydration face masks twice a week. There’s no need to go to a beauty salon to have this done, you can buy them from any beauty supply store and apply them at home.
Last but not least, make sure you apply sunscreen to your skin when you are out enjoying the weather during these hot summer months. Everyone loves the sun, but if you are exposed to it for too long, you can damage your skin. Dermatologists recommend using a sunscreen that is SPF 30 and up.
That’s all folks! Now that your skin is looking as awesome as your killer body, its time to strip off and flash that flesh on the beach! Make the most of it ladies and gents because winter is right around the corner!