We live in an era when not a single business organization is safe. We see the modern day companies getting security alerts, which bring us to the question, why not these companies have a competent solution to nullify the negative effects concerning security. The security team in companies often remains always at the toe to defy the security alerts. As per an estimate, a significantly big size company often receives more than 150,000 security alerts on a daily basis. The same reports suggest that more than 70% of these security alerts remain uninvestigated, and any single warning has the capacity to give some fatal consequences. This is where the Platform of Incident response comes into the picture. Let’s check how the incident response platform can help you in defying security alerts as under:
Choose the best incident response platform
The first step you need to do is to choose the right incident response platform and then chalk out the right action plan. With a tangible plan in place, it’s high time to choose an incident response platform, which can help and support you in executing your plan. Choosing a right plan is crucial as it helps in relying upon the security automation and orchestration, which further makes it simple to investigate all the alerts regardless of the small or significant number you receive.
Understanding security automation and orchestration (SAO)?
The security automation deals with automating different portions of your response plan in order to reduce the time consuming and daunting manual tasks, while allowing your security team to focus over the alerts, which matters a lot. Security orchestration is primarily the communication and integration of different types of security systems and solutions. The platform of incident response, which employs SAO to avert the incidents by the following ways:
- Escalating efficiency
- Collecting the comprehensive data for enhanced threat intelligence
- Consolidating the security operations
- Automating several time-consuming tasks
- Scaling and standardizing the processes
- Improving and enhancing the mean time to resolution
- An incident response platform with features including the security automation and orchestration (SAO) technology, as it can help in making the alert management more effective.
How to coordinate your incident response plan and platform?
When it comes to choosing an incident response platform, choosing the known and time-tested solutions play a vital role. It will help you in the following ways:
- It helps you in integrating and orchestrating different people and security tools, which you have been using in the incident response processes.
- It can help you in transferring your plans over the actionable automated workflows. This further helps in streamlining the alert investigations along with needing the as and when required.
- It helps in streamlining the detection and carrying out the required analysis with the help of quickly collecting all the contextual data by the SAO.
- It helps in removing and recovering the IT systems apart from increasing the productivity.
- It helps in expediting the strategic support required for post-incident discussions.
Thus an effective Platform of Incident response has a much bigger role to play. It is therefore essential to consider it from a branded place to get the desired results for your company’s security.