Whether you are already into a business or are planning to start one, you ought to be very careful about who you choose to work with you. Not every time, you will get an employee to work for you who knows every bit of your business and has a proper understanding of your business goals.
At this situation, your best bet would be to hire a freelancer to work for you.
Advantages of hiring a freelancer
Here are some tips why choosing a freelancer over an agency is always a good idea.
- If you hire a full-time employee to work for you, it’s your responsibility to train him/her, hiring a freelancer will always spare you the trouble as they were already trained for what you want them to do.
- If you are running low on budget and not getting enough ROI for your business, paying your employee every month will probably kill your business. If you hire a freelancer, you have an option to negotiate the budget on your terms and save yourself from digging a big hole in your pocket.
- You can always ask for a sample from freelancers to get an impression of what you are going to get from them. You are always free to reject a sample if it does not seem impressive to you.
- Hiring a full-time employee will limit you to select from a variety of super talented freelancers out there, who might occur more profitable to your business.
- No need to look for an office space if you are a starting up or are a small scale business. A freelancer could work from a remote space and will provide you the desired output.
Some of the Best Freelancers in their fields
If you are planning to start a business, these self-made entrepreneurs/freelancers may help you.
Neil Patel – A Digital Marketer turned entrepreneur who helps all types of business to get more leads and also train digital marketing to newbies.
Manav Mathur – A Freelance Web Developer and SEO Consultant who works for clients from all over the world. Check out his most affordable web development packages right here.
Hila G – If you are starting a business, you definitely need a logo or some kind of graphic work. Hila is one of the most experienced graphic designers today.
What to look in a freelancer before hiring them?
These tips will help you select the best freelancer for your business:
- Portfolio – Go through their portfolio and check if they are suitable to get your task done correctly. If not convinced well enough, feel free to ask for some work samples.
- Deadline – Give them a sample task and notice their time management skills. If they deliver the task on time and there is no compromise in the quality, you got yourself a keeper.
- Checking the payment method – This should be the first and foremost step if the freelancer you are hiring is not from your country. International payment transfers sometimes acts as a roadblock for someone who doesn’t have access to receive online payments.
- Honesty – If the freelancer you hire is kind enough to tell you the tasks he is not able to do, he definitely won’t cheat you in the job.
- Experience – Check whether the freelancer has at least 1-2 years of experience in the same field. Which also brings us to the next point.
- Background – Always check the background of the freelancer you are hiring. If you come across with someone who keeps changing his profession year after year, it clearly states that the person is not good enough to do your task professionally.
- Social Profiles – To avoid getting scammed/cheated, make sure the person you are hiring has genuine social profiles, especially if you are hiring online. This is one of the most important steps to avoid the rapid rise of fraud cases.
These tips not only will help you select a freelancer but also help you manage your time and budget, especially if you are starting up a business and do not have much to invest. Make sure you follow each and every tip in this article.
Share if you Care.