Learn the Basics of Search Engine Optimization
If you are an attorney that provides legal services, then one of your biggest challenges is likely to be generating new clients online.
This article will explore how lawyers can use search engine optimization (SEO) to improve their website ranking in Google.
Lawyer SEO Tips – Have a look at the following tips and do so as advised by expert SEO consultants who understand what it takes to grade your law firm SEO efforts.
- Create concise, actionable content
- Build links with important websites
- Optimize your site for mobile devices
- Participate in social networking communities
- Improve you are on-page and off-page factors
Understand what makes a Law Firm Website Successful
It’s important to have a law website that reflects your expertise, professionalism, and good business practice. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the internet as an information resource, which means you need to use it well when marketing your firm.
Top following tips can help you in this process:
- Add photos of lawyers to bring credibility
- Research similar keywords before choosing them for your site
- Create an informational blog section on your site
- Highlight specific areas of expertise, rather than general practices
Optimize your Site for Mobile Devices and Tablets
Mobile SEO is a vital element of your lawyer website because people view websites via different devices. The following tips should help you make sure that your site ranks well:
- Use images, links, and copy within the text to create a better understanding
- Try as hard as possible to make sure that all content can be found on mobiles as well as PCs
- In case some pages ranked high only on mobile devices, then rework those pages for both PC and mobile users
- Don’t use flash because that’s not readable by Google crawlers
- Link building strategies will boost the success of law firm SEO efforts
- If you’re going to rank highly in Google, then it makes sense to focus on link building.
Create quality content that is relevant to your target audience’s needs.
You can publish blog posts, videos, and social media or news release links that are relevant to your industry. Whenever you link out to another site (and they also reciprocate), this signals Google that your website is valuable and trustworthy
Participate in social networking communities
This allows your online visibility through commenting with the company
Offer valuable content, such as free webinars or helpful articles. Every time people visit these sites and read those posts, they see a backlink on their page and this sends a signal to Google that your site is important and trusted
As a result, it will improve rankings on Google. Some sites even display external links as advertisements which can boost your business
Improve you’re On-Page and Off-Page Factors
On-page factors occur on the webpage itself, such as the title of the web page and headers. Off-page factors include how many websites link back to your website. Law firms that have an active presence online tend to rank higher than those that don’t. Make sure you optimize both of these elements:
- Use targeted keywords throughout the text
- Check spelling and grammar so there are no errors within articles
- Keep articles short and sweet – aim for between