Turmeric is one potent ingredient/spice that has become popular in recent years. The spice known to be a simple addition that adds colour and taste to curries, stews and other dishes has since become a sought-after health sensation. However, the spicy root has been used as ancient ayurvedic medicine in Asia and its environs.
Today, this potent ingredient has been commercially packaged as teas, added to curry, essential oils and other extracts. Still, there’s no harm in trying out healthy and creative recipes to spice up your morning. While there are various recipes out there, you can make this tasty turmeric tea in just five minutes.
- Turmeric, lemon and honey juice.
Curcumin is one of the major reasons why turmeric is popular. To ensure you are getting the full effects of curcumin, it’s best to combine it with black pepper. That’s exactly what this first recipe proposes. Here’s the ingredient list.
- Turmeric: You can use both blended or powdered turmeric.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice adds a zing to the tea with a citrus flavour that’s hard to resist.
- Black pepper: Helps the body absorb curcumin.
- Honey: adds a hint of sweetness to the tea.
- Peel, wash and clean the lemon before juicing it.
- Add the desired amount of turmeric, half a teaspoon of black pepper and two spoons of honey to taste.
- Add in the water and mix all ingredients together.
- Place the mix in a pot and put on high heat until the tea starts to boil.
- Lower the heat and continue to boil for not more than 10 minutes.
- Take it down and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pour it into a mug and enjoy this sweet and healthy golden, citrusy tea.
- Digestion friendly tea.
Many who take turmeric tablets, or include the root/spice in their diet, do so as it supports healthy digestion. Thinking about a recipe that you can make every morning? Here’s a fast yet effective one.
- Ground turmeric powder.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Nut milk.
- Vanilla extract.
- Turn the turmeric, black pepper and cinnamon powder into a bowl.
- Put in the milk, powder mix, vanilla extract and ginger into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Turn the liquid into a stainless pot and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for three minutes and drink this early in the morning or before bedtime.
3. Fruit-infused turmeric tea.
Looking for something you can take on a hot day? Then this healthy fruit tea is one to consider. Put in your favourite fruits, but remember to stick with fruits that are high in vitamin C, folate, zinc, and maybe even potassium. These immunity boosters will go a long way to help the body fight against infections and diseases.
- Turmeric powder
- Mint leaves.
- Put some turmeric in water to dissolve.
- Mix until the water turns bright and golden.
- Place in sliced pieces of strawberry and orange, then place in the fridge to cool.
- Bring it out, serve in a jug, and put in cleaned mint leaves for that extra cool taste.