Many children spend half of their youth in child care due to the many economical conditions families have to face. In India statistics show that around 30% of families with a newly born child consist of both the parents working.
In such cases, these babies spend almost 8-10 hours in childcare, preschool, or nurseries so that parents can continue their career life and provide for the households.
So it is significant for a child care service to have the best childcare management software to reassure the children’s safety and success. Also to make easy communication with the parents about the constant progress of their child.
A well-established childcare management system could be useful in sending daily reports of the child such as learning and development, meal reports, sleep cycles, and other important updates.
Why is it significant for communication with parents?
Parent engagement is important for any child during their childhood days. It is possible for the parents to monitor how the child reacts or perform to any certain experiences that take place at home.
But when the child is at childcare or preschool, it is important for them to know what are the experiences that their child goes through in the classroom or real world.
This helps parents in understanding what their child is working on at school so that it’s easy to know the child’s interests and weaknesses.
This gives parents a better sense of their child’s confidence and competency levels and helps them focus on improving the child’s confidence in the areas they wish to develop.
Since childcare management software makes constant communication between the parents and the childcare employees easy, parents are updated daily on what they learned today so that it makes it easy for them to practice that with the kid at home.
One of the great benefits that are achieved with childcare management software is that it minimizes the stress and anxiety for the parents that usually comes with filling up a pile of forms and papers.
This software will collect and convey more valuable insights to the parents about their children with an ease of comfort at home rather than waiting in line and meeting the management or teachers for daily updates about their child.
It also helps the childcare institute since they would need to hire more employees to engage with all the parents. Hiring more employers not only brings up the overall spendings but also could affect the culture of the institute.
Two ways of Installing a childcare software
You could install a child care management software in two ways, either web-based or browser-based application.
In general, most childcare centers use web-based and mobile-based applications that you could access from anywhere with just an internet connection. This makes it easy for parents to get their updates and convey messages to the centers easily.
Features that would be available in a well-established childcare management software
Good software would provide a list of features for educators, directors, and parents. These features are mostly related to daily activities and parent engagements. Some of the most common features in childcare management software are:
- Would have the capability to mark attendance of the child with proper check-in and check-out timings.
- Would incorporate classroom calendars, so that parents are updated to what their child is about to learn today and prepare them for that with necessary books and other accessories.
- Will have the capability to keep track and notify the parents about the child’s snacks and meal updates.
- Will have the capability to store and track the health and immunization records of the children.
- Will have the capability to share media files such as photos and videos of the child’s daily activity and any special performances with their parents.
- Will incorporate a payment gateway system, that is helpful in creating and tracking invoices, billings, and payments. This makes it easy for the parents to pay their child’s fee online without visiting the center.
- Will make the communication with the parents easy with the capability of private messaging to the parents and the educators.
- Will facilitate the childcare center employee or educator to raise a request for supplies that are needed for any specific activities. These requests can be seen by the parents so that they could provide the children with the same.
- Will facilitate the centers to send out regular email updates and newsletters to the parents.
Apart from the above-listed features childcare management software offers more features and benefits that are pretty tedious for manual management.
In today’s situation and technological developments, it is becoming mandatory for childcare centers to possess effective childcare management software to make it easy for both their employees and parents.