Acne is a popular problem among people of different ages especially teenagers and women who have reached the menopause stage. Acne can sometimes be caused by hormonal imbalances in the body. You can avoid acne stars by reducing your acne, try an acne face wash that works for your skin ad see if you get less spots.
When the body gets hormonal changes, glands tend to manufacture more oils at a higher rate than the normal required rate and as a result, the skin pores get clogged and bacteria gets a growing ground.
Getting rid of acne is easy but when it has reached an extent where acne breaks out and leaves behind scars, you will have to struggle to remove them. When scars start to appear on your skin, it shows that acne has caused a severe damage to your skin. Thankfully, today you can get the best serum for acne scars.
Note that depending on the rigorousness of the acne scars, it can take you weeks or even months to remove them.
There are different ways and remedies you can use to deal with these stubborn scars and in this post, we will share some of the remedies. Note that you may not experience the results in one day but they are safe and have no side effects. Most importantly, we would like to let you know that you will have to be patient in order to get the best results.
Let’s get started with the remedies.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a natural remedy when you want to remove scars caused by severe acne as it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Also, fresh aloe vera gel is a great source of vitamins which are helpful when it comes to healing the skin and removal of scars.
The good thing about Aloe Vera is that it is a gentle gel and it does not damage or irritate the skin. Another great thing with this natural moisturizer is that it will leave your skin looking soft and healthier.
How to use Aloe Vera:
- Cut the aloe vera leaf and scoops out the fresh gel. Apply the gel in the areas with the scars. Leave it to stay there for around 30 minutes then wash it off with water. Repeat this three times a day.
- Another method is to scoop the aloe vera gel in 1 tablespoon and mix it with 3 drops of tea tree essential oil. Apply it on the scars. Wash it with cold water after around 15 minutes. Repeat this once daily.
Important: If you have old scars, aloe vera gel may not be effective.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the potent source of vitamin E and fatty acids that are helpful when it comes to repairing of skin tissues and leaves them healthy and free from scars. Coconut is also a great moisturizer and properly hydrates the skin and keeps scars at bay.
How to use coconut oil:
- Apply coconut oil on the affected areas. Massage the areas for about 10 minutes. Leave the oil for about an hour before you wash it off with lukewarm water. OR
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with a few drops of lavender oil then smear it on your skin, massage the affected area gently for about 5 minutes. Leave the mixture for about half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the two methods once or twice per day for some weeks.
3. Baking soda
Baking soda is one of the common household remedies when it comes to healing of scars as it has sodium bicarbonate crystals which are helpful for exfoliating skin when used to cleanse scrub. To get rid of acne scars, use baking soda.
How to use baking soda:
- Place 2 tablespoons of baking soda in an empty place either a bowl of any other empty and clean utensil
- Mix it with a little water so that it makes a thin paste
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas.
- Leave it for some time then wash it off
- Repeat this once daily for some weeks to help heal your scars.
Important: Do not leave the paste on your skin for more than 2 minutes since it can irritate your skin. Avoid using it if you have a sensitive skin.
There you have it, 3 methods to get rid of acne scars. Note that these are just a few of the available remedies when it comes to eradicating acne scars. There are many other remedies, but you need to ensure to use one which does not irritate your skin.