A single person can start business, but even a small business can be done better if initiated with partner. There are many creative small business ideas to try. Married couple can serve as great partnership when it comes to opening business; you already know each other very well, and will have no trouble in being brutally honest to one another when it comes to business talk. Married couple can adopt professional stands when it comes to starting a business, and support each other just like in partnership.
However, choosing the business type is also important. There are several great small business ideas married couple can start, some even require very little capitals.
5 Popular Small Business Ideas for Married Couple
Want to run a business with your mate? Here are 5 small business ideas that married couple can start together:
- Bed and breakfast. The popularity of traveling has made this business surges in popularity, especially in popular tourist destinations. You can provide bed and breakfast service individually, or using service such as AirBnB. You can divide responsibilities to manage the bed and breakfast based on each of your skills, such as cooking, cleaning, managing supplies, arranging transportation and other related services for tourists, and such.
- Small coffee shop or restaurant. Culinary business requires lots of responsibilities, so you can share responsibilities by working as a couple. You can also use your experiences as married couple to create family-friendly or romantic restaurant theme and atmosphere.
- Newlywed consultation service. Getting married can present new challenges to couples, so if you are confident with your married experiences, you and your mate can start a newlywed consultation service. This can start as a small business at home. However, if you do not have diploma or certificate as a psychologist, make sure to understand the limit of professional advises you can give.
- Travel agency. If you love traveling with your mate, you can apply your skill by opening a travel agency. Your traveling experiences can become insights for providing the best services for tourists. If you already had experiences in traveling as couples or with kids, you can use these experiences to inform new travelers who wish to travel in the same way.
- Wedding planning service. Experiences as married couple can help you when starting a wedding planning service. You can share responsibilities with your mate, and help advising engaged couples about the best options that will have long term effects on their finance after the wedding. You can also develop this business until it becomes a big business.
There are several ups and downs in working as a couple. While you can share responsibilities and work together as partners in solving various business challenges, your personal relationships can be your undoing. Inability to separate personal and professional relationships can result in conflicts of interest, which can disrupt the way you run the business. You must create clear limits between professional and personal relations when running a small business with your mate, and once you do it, you can develop any small business ideas into a profitable enterprise.